The International Hockey Federation (FIH) and the Chinese Hockey Association (CHA) are delighted to announce that the media accreditation process for the Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy 2018, which takes place in Changzhou, China, is now open. Media interested in covering this showpiece event can find full details below.
About the event
Event Name: Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy 2018
When: 17-25 November 2018.
Where: Wujin Hockey Stadium, Fengyuan Rd, Wujin Qu, Changzhou Shi, Jiangsu Sheng, China
Teams: Argentina, China, England, Netherlands +2
Event website: coming soon.
TMS site: https://tms.fih.ch/competitions/797
Important notes on Media Accreditation for this event
Accreditation numbers: While FIH and CHA will do their utmost to give accreditations to as many working members of the media as possible, the high demand for accreditation means that there will undoubtedly be some disappointments. We aim to inform you within one month of submitting your accreditation request as to whether or not your application has been successful.
Visas: Please also note that whilst FIH and CHA have the power to approve requests for media accreditation for this event, the decision to grant travel visas to China rests solely with the Chinese Government. The visa application process can take many weeks, so please keep this information in mind when making travel and accommodation arrangements. Details regarding the visa application process will be provided in the accreditation confirmation letter, which will be emailed to all successful applicants.
- FIH and CHA consider a Media Accreditation to be a working tool to be used only by bona-fide members of the press.
- FIH and CHA reserve the right to refuse any accreditation request considered inappropriate to the event and also reserve the right to ask for additional information about the applicant.
- All accreditation applications must be made by the individual who intends to attend the event and not by an editor / third party.
- Applying for an accreditation does not guarantee the right to receive an accreditation.
- Applications not completed in full will not be approved for onsite media access.
- All persons who are successful in their application for an accreditation will receive a confirmation email.
- Successful media accreditation at previous FIH events does not guarantee accreditation for this event or any FIH event in the future.
- Due to high demand, a maximum of two people per recognised media organisation will be accredited. Only in exceptional circumstances will a third accreditation be granted.
- All international applicants are required to submit either a assignment letter (on organisation-headed paper, signed by their editor), or a letter of recommendation from their National Association. The letter must include: a) the name of the representative who will be covering the event, and b), Detailed information on the publication (circulation, frequency, readership) or website (year started, unique visitors per month, twitter, facebook followers, top five countries that engage with the website.)
- Freelance journalists, photographers and broadcasters must be accredited via a national newspaper, recognised agency or hockey magazine. Only working media with a pre-arranged distribution outlet will be accredited.
- Only professional sports photographers will be considered. Photo agencies must be able to prove the sale of their photographs have been paid for at the standard commercial rate. A publication must be able to prove that the pictures published are the original work of the publication’s accredited photographer.
- Applicants must be covered with third party liability insurance and may be asked to provide evidence of their insurance.
- All accredited members of the media are bound by the ‘General Terms and Conditions for Media Representatives at FIH Events’. To view the latest version of this document (updated February 2018), please click here.
Applying for Media Accreditation
Members of the media who would like to be considered for accreditation for this tournament can do so by clicking on the appropriate link below.
International media representatives (those outside of China): http://accreditation.fih.ch/
China-based media representatives: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Media Accreditation Closing Date
The closing date for all media accreditation requests is Friday 21st September 2018.
Complete details regarding the name, location and nightly rates of the media hotel, which is located close to the venue, will be supplied to successful applicants in the accreditation confirmation email. A shuttle service to and from the venue will be running at regular intervals from a pick-up point near to the hotel.
We very much look forward to welcoming you to Changzhou.
FIH / CHA Media Team