FIH Quality Programme for Sports Lighting
The FIH Quality Programme for Sports Lighting sets performance, quality and durability standards for sports lighting systems intended for use on outdoor hockey fields. In addition, FIH Approved lighting systems are manufactured by companies that meet the manufacturing and working standards set by the FIH. These include a proved ability to provide lighting systems that are suitable for hockey, ISO 9001 certification for their manufacturing operations and the provision of a minimum 10-year warranty on their products.
- Category 1 – intended for high-level non-televised national and international competitions
- Category 2 – intended for training and club competitions
- Category TV1 - venues hosting top level international hockey with matches scheduled in the hours of darkness. Broadcasters will use HDTV / 4K TV cameras in the main camera and orthogonal field camera positions.
- Category TV2 - venues hosting televised hockey that will take place during the hours of darkness. Broadcasters to use cameras principally positioned in the main camera position.
- Category TV3 - venues hosting hockey with daytime play only, requiring high quality slow-motion imagery the lighting being used to enhance dull natural light conditions, or venues hosting televised hockey that will take place during the hours of darkness, broadcast slow motion imagery is not required; or venues hosting events during the hours of darkness, using on-line streaming (no TV).