Sticks for the World
The « Sticks for the World » campaign, launched by The Hockey Foundation and FIH is the first phase of the global hockey development project « HockeyREADY ». The purpose of « Sticks for the World » is to encourage Continental Federations, National Associations, clubs, schools and other organisations to collect new & second-hand hockey equipment at events, hockey competitions, club days , etc.
In 2019 & 2020 the focus of « HockeyREADY» through the « Sticks for the World » campaign is to source and distribute hockey equipment to hockey development projects and organisations, helping grow the game worldwide. The objective is to reach 101,000 donated sticks by December 2020.
To learn more about « HockeyREADY », please watch this video.
It will operate in the following way;
- Kit donation schemes run by the hockey family: FIH, The Hockey Foundation, Continental Federations, National Associations, clubs, schools and other organisations at hockey events, competitions, club days etc.
- Hockey Star stick donations – made by players attending FIH events 2019-2020
- New/old stock kit supplied by hockey retailers & makers
Who can get involved?
Anyone and everyone; the whole hockey family and beyond is invited to take part.
How can you get involved?
1. Run a project anywhere you like as
- Individuals: Maybe you know of, or are involved with, a local event or activity that will happen soon or in 2020. Ask if it is possible to organise an equipment collection. Then complete the “HockeyREADY” project registration form to register your project and let your NA know.
- Organisations: Identify some national events/activities that you can use to support “HockeyREADY”. Then complete the “HockeyREADY” project registration form to register your project and let your NA know.
2. Donation of USD 5 to « Sticks for the World » Chuffed global campaign to buy sticks.
Donate USD 5 and we can buy one stick. HockeyREADY packs of 20 sticks will be distributed to projects in need via international hockey distribution channel. To donate USD 5, please
3. Central purchasing scheme and manufacturer donations
Share your project on social media using #SticksfortheWorld #HockeyREADY
To learn more about Sticks for the World and how to you can be part of it please