Extensive statistical analysis provided by Infostrada sports
The Media Guide for the Owen G Glenn FIH Men’s Champions Trophy, compiled by sports statistics experts Infostrada, is now available on the tournament website.
As well as complete squad lists, the guide includes extensive, detailed information about the long history of this illustrious tournament. It includes a complete list of historical results, all time top scorers as well as a look at the previous head-to-head meetings of the teams that will take to the field this weekend in Auckland, New Zealand.
An updated version of the Media Guide containing any late squad changes will be posted to the event website shortly before the event begins. To see the tournament media guide, please click here.
A few interesting statistics provided by infostrada …
- Netherlands superstar Teun de Nooijer hasn’t missed an edition of the Champions Trophy since 1995.
- If De Nooijer wins a medal here in Auckland he will become the all time record holder, moving away from former team mate Jeroen Delmee. Both players currently have a total of 12 medals, each winning six Golds, two Silvers and four Bronze.
- Australia have scored 484 Champions Trophy goals, more than any other team in history of the competition.
- Three Dutch players hold the record for most goals in one match in the Champions Trophy. Paul Litjens (versus England, 1981), Ties Kruize (versus Pakistan, 1982) and Taco van den Honert (versus Pakistan, 1993) all claimed five goal hauls.
- Four out of the five all time top scorers in Champions Trophy history will be in action at the event in Auckland - Taeke Taekema (NED, 45 goals), Teun de Nooijer (NED, 42 goals), Sohail Abbas (PAK, 40 goals) and Santi Freixa (ESP, 31 goals).
The Owen G Glenn FIH Champions Trophy takes place from 3-11 December at North Harbour Hockey Stadium in Albany, Auckland. Eight of the best teams in the world will compete – with 24 games being played over the six days of the competition. The FIH will be bringing you all the news, results and video highlights from the tournament via our Event website - http://www.fih.ch/en/competitions-147-owen-g-glenn-fih-champions-trophy-champions . Live streaming will also be available via www.livefih.tv *. For information about purchasing tickets for the event, please visit www.championstrophy.co.nz
* Due to licensing and contractual restrictions, access to LIVEFIH.TV may be limited in some territories